This tour takes you on an evening trip of Shanghai, and shows its magnificent skyline from the Huangpu river. You'll see Shanghai’s iconic bund (famous waterfront) and finish with the most spectacular views from Jinmao Tower.
What to Expect
Your guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby at 6.30 pm when the sun is just about to go down, and the city prepares to turn on all its lights.
Board your Huangpu River cruise which offers an extraordinary view of the Bund and its promenade, which are landmarks of Shanghai’s 9th century struggle to reclaim a waterfront from the blogs of this river, which originates in nearby Tai Lake.
After disembarking from the cruise, there's an opportunity to walk along the wide boulevard of the Bund and photograph one of the world’s most iconic night skylines. The bund is lined with impressive neo-classical buildings, dating back to Shanghai’s grandest days.
Continue to the Jin Mao Tower, the highest and biggest observation deck in China, and the Guinness Book of Records highest observation deck. The tower is filled with offices, a shopping mall, and the Grand Hyatt Shanghai Hotel. Presently, the tower is the seventeenth tallest building in the world, and it comprises part of the Bund’s skyline. When it was built, its proportions revolved around the number eight, a number which is associated with prosperity in Chinese culture. That’s why there are 88 floors that can be divided into 16 segments, each of which is 1/8th shorter than the 16-storey base of the building. The building was even built upon an octagon-shaped concrete shear wall core.
The tour then ends and you will be brought back to your hotel.
- Entrance fees
- Professional English Speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Sightseeing cruise
- Small group tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Your guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby in Shanghai City center
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund