Shanghai By Bike: Full-Day Classic TourProduct ID: 16213
From £87.34 per personBook now
- See the sights of Shanghai from the saddle of a bicycle
- Discover hidden secrets with a knowledgeable guide
The tour runs rain or shine and will be in the company of a local guide who will take you along streets such as the Taikang Road and to the antique market of Dongtai Road. Discover China’s electric city as it wakes from its revolutionary doldrums and sets the world on fire.
You will cycle the city, taking in attractions such as the magnificent Shanghai Museum, where you can uncover 5,000 years of Chinese history, and the Taikang Road, set in a series of traditional longtang alleyways.
You will explore old and new streets, stopping to enjoy a typical Chinese lunch and allowing some time to explore the shops. You will pause at People’s Square and visit Cite Bourgogne to see the stone houses of the Shi Ku Men style.
Discover why Shanghai used to be called the “Paris of the Orient” and learn about its exotic past of opium dens and cotton production. You will be witness to a city coming alive in the 21st-Century with an energetic building program and streets that teem with life.
But you will take it all at a human pace, and on that classic mode of Chinese transport, the humble bicycle.
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Bicycle, helmet and ankle bands
- Lunch (Chinese food)
- Ferry boat tickets (if going to Pudong).
• In Front of the Garden Hotel: Metro Line 1 South Shan Xi Rd Station Exit3. Walking 1-2 mins. Your guide will be standing with a ChinaCycleTours sign. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 16213