Enjoy a countryside trip to historic Tongli, a beautiful water town located just outside Shanghai. Wander across the town's many bridges, explore private gardens, and taste local cuisine with the help of a professional tour guide.
What to Expect
Your guided tour will begin with a private car transfer from Shanghai to beautiful Tongli, the 1,000-year-old water town known as the “Venice of the East.” Once you are there, take in the air of the countryside as you wander across the town's many bridges, marvel at its many architectural wonders, and sample local foods.
Your professional tour guide will then take you to Tuisi Garden, one of the most famous private gardens in Southern China, and to ChongBen and JiaYin Halls, private housing complexes built in the 1900s.
Tongli is located in Suzhou city, in the Jiangsu province, approximately 1.5 hours away from the center of Shanghai. This tour can also be combined with a visit to the Suzhou City Garden.
- Pick up from your hotel lobby
- Professional tour guide who speaks your language
- Private air-conditioned van transfer between Shanghai and Tongli water town
What's Not Included
- Entrance Ticket for Tongli Water Town: RMB100 per person
- Boat Ride: RMB90/boat (up to 6 people)
- Drinks, meals and snacks