This tour allows you to experience both the historic and modern aspects of Seoul with shopping and sightseeing.
What to Expect
You will have a chance to see the Royal Guard Changing Ceremony, see the prestigious Cheongwadae (The Blue House), visit Gyeongbokgung Palace and stop at the heart of downtown Seoul for some amazing shopping.
Cheonggyecheon Stream is an 11 km long modern stream that runs through downtown Seoul. Created as part of an urban renewal project, Cheonggyecheon is a restoration of the stream that was once there before during the Joseon Dynasty.
Cheongwadae (The Blue House)
Cheongwadae (The Blue House) is the presidential residence of the Republic of Korea and is regarded as the heart of the nation. cheongwadae Saranchae is a Korean presidential exhibition center, newly opened as of January 2010.
The Royal Guard Changing Ceremony
The Royal Guard Changing Ceremony is a great opportunity to experience a rare traditional scene in Korea. Be sure to bring a camera to take lots of pictures. The guards’ splendid costumes, with their brilliant primary colors, are a real pleasure to see.
Gyeongbokgung Palace, built in 1394 as the main palace of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) by its founder King Taejo, is the most comprehensive and grandest of the five palaces of the period. Gyeongbokgung, the oldest palace of the Joseon Dynasty, is located at the northern end of Seojong-ro Street. On its grounds stands the National Folk Museum of Korea, where visitors can browse the unique cultural and historical traits of Korea and the lifestyle of bygone days.
Hotel → The windows of tour (*Deoksugung Palace - Namdaemun - Seoul Station) → Cheonggyecheon Stream → The main gate of the Blue House (*Souvenir Photo) → Cheongwadae Saragchae (※Outside of the building on Monday) → The Royal Guards Changing Ceremony → Gyeongbokgung Palace & National Folk Museum (*Deoksugung Palace on Tuesday) → Amethyst Factory or Ginseng Center → Lunch (*Dolsot Bibimbap) → Via Myeongdong Lotte Hotel at 1:20pm (*1st floor, grand piano) → Bukak Sky Way → Changdeokgung Palace (Jongmyo Royal Shrine on Monday) → Insadong Antique Shop Alley → Namdaemun Market → Amethyst Factory → Hotel
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses and beverages
From your centrally located Seoul Hotel
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48-hours of booking, subject to availability
• Minimum 2 persons. This tour will be apply when there are at least 2 in your group.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
• The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
• A pick-up and drop off service is available for centrally-located Seoul hotels. If your accommodation isn't in Seoul (for example, Incheon), you can choose whether to make your own way to Seoul or to pay the extra charge based on the distance traveled, on the day of your tour.