Singapore: Haw Par Villa Guided Walking TourProduct ID: 45346
From £22 per personBook now
- Explore the world's only eclectic Chinese mythological park
- Learn the history and literature of Asia
- Find your Tao in this life in the whimsical landscape of Tiger Balm Gardens
- Immerse yourself in the philosophies of Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism
Built in 1937, Haw Par Villa is the brainchild of billionaire philanthropist, Aw Boon Haw. Among his achievements, Aw Boon Haw gave the world Tiger Balm. Enter the tiger’s den to take in illustrations of Confucianism.
Learn about the literature, philosophy and history of Asia as you wander past ever-more eccentric vistas. Discover how in every Chinese there is a little Indian. Make sense of Taoism, Buddhism, and Confucianism, seamlessly woven into the poetry of the garden.
Steeped in symbolism, the walk tells the ageless story of good over evil, the struggle between modernity and tradition, and the inevitability of death. Find your Tao in this life. As the ancient Chinese proverb says, “To catch the cub, you have to enter the tiger’s den.”
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Food and drink (unless specified)
- Optional activity costs
- Tips and personal expenses
Meet outside EXit A of Haw Par Villa MRT Station, Pasir Panjang Road, Singapore. Please arrive 15 minutes in advance of the scheduled tour time Directions: Train: Alight at Haw Par Villa MRT and proceed to Exit A (CC25) Bus: Take Bus 10, 30, 51, 143, 175, 176, 188 or 200 to Haw Par Villa Station or opposite Haw Par Villa Station Cab: Alight at the entrance to Haw Par Villa MRT Station (Open in Google Maps)
• Children under 7 years of age can join the tour free of charge
Product ID: 45346