Discover Mt. Rainier like never before on this day-long, guided walk or snowshoe adventure with a stop for lunch. Learn local secrets as you enjoy spectacular scenery and explore thrilling trails.
What to Expect
Located about 75 miles southeast of Seattle, Mount Rainier National Park sits between the jagged Olympic Mountains and the volcanic peaks of the Cascade Range.
The mountain is an active volcano, encased in 35 square miles of snow and ice, surrounded by old growth forest and covered in a stunning carpet of wildflowers.
After the drive to the park by luxury Mercedes van, you will soon be entranced by the beauty of the glorious landscape, which soars to heights of over 14,000 feet. Remember to take your binoculars to spot birds and wildlife, such as marmots, coyotes, elk, and black bears. Breathe in that clear air as you take in the sounds and scents of the forests and lakes.
Your naturalist guide will lead you on a walk or snowshoe of the Nisqually Vista Trail. If you fancy something a little more challenging, then don’t be afraid to ask. Groups are kept small to allow for maximum service and a truly tailored experience.
There will be time to pause for a lunch of delicious local, seasonal produce and wine. Back on the walk, enjoy views of waterfalls, river valleys and even glaciers.
You will end the day with a descent down the road to the park’s roots at Longmire. Keep your eyes peeled for deer in the meadow as they make their late afternoon trek to the river’s edge.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your Downtown Seattle hotel, the Cruise Terminal, or the Arc'teryx store at 400 Pike st.
- Highly qualified naturalist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted luxury Mercedes Van or SUV
- Locally sourced and/or organic lunch
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- All entry fees
- Snowshoes in winter
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please inform the tour operator if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions
• It is recommended to wear layers of clothing as the weather can change quickly