Immerse yourself in the natural splendor and spectacular scenery of Cajon del Maipo on a full-day tour from Santiago. Awaken your senses to the fragrant mountain air and get an insight into the fascinating flora and fauna with an insightful guide.
What to Expect
Depart from Santiago and travel by comfortable, air-conditioned minivan on a scenic drive southeast to the heart of the Andean mountain range. Ascend a winding off-road path and get stunning views along the way. Arrive in the dramatic valley of Cajon del Maipo, and marvel at the hypnotizing landscape.
Enjoy panoramic views of the jagged snow-capped mountain peaks, bounteous orchards and verdant vineyards. Disembark at an altitude of 9,843 feet (3,000 meters) above sea level at the Embalse el Yeso reservoir. Then, set out on a walk around the turquoise waters of the lake, and capture incredible photographs of the rugged canyons as you listen to the guide's captivating commentary about the geology and ecology.
Return to the vehicle and venture along a picturesque rural road to San Jose de Maipo, a charming town enveloped by the Andean mountains. Declared the capital of the region in 1792, the provincial pueblo (town) boasts quaint artisan shops and an ambient central plaza. Stroll the quiet streets and learn about the local folklore as you absorb beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
Feast on a traditional Chilean lunch in a rustic restaurant (own expense) recommended by your guide and revitalize with a cup of steaming coffee. Return to the minivan to experience the luscious landscape on the journey back to your Santiago hotel.
Benefit from personalized attention from your guide throughout the day on this small group tour, where numbers are limited to 8 or 12 people.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (guaranteed only within the pick-up range)
- Picnic lunch (dried fruits, fruits, cheese and other local produce.)
- Local wine
- Beer or juice sample
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• The minimum age for this activity is 13 years old
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
• Bring sunglasses and a camera
• The guide will contact you a day before the tour with information about the weather and your pick-up