San Sebastián: Royals, Stars, and Surfers Walking Tour
From £37 per personBook now
- Hear tales of events that have shaped the history of San Sebastián
- Learn why aristocrats used to flock to this corner of Spain, and why surfers still love it today
- See San Sebastián’s most iconic sites, including the stunning Old Town and beautiful La Concha Bay
- Get tips on the best things to see and do in the city during your stay
- Enjoy some of the best views of San Sebastián, from lookout spots recommended by locals
Start at Portaletas, one of the most characteristic places in San Sebastián. Located at the crossroads of the Old Town and fishing district, it provides a fascinating glimpse at San Sebastián’s past and present.
Continue through the battlefield of Monte Urgull, before moving to the modern part of the city to discover where glamour and new world architecture meet. Explore the Urumea River and visit the Gros district, crossing a bridge that’s got some stories to tell; from the European aristocracy who crossed it to visit the casino, to the Hollywood stars that crossed it on their way to movie festivals.
Next, go to the residential ensanche (city expansion), built when the old city walls where demolished. Mix with the modern-day fashionistas, and experience everyday life in a city of the Basque Country. See the cathedral, before heading to La Concha Bay to discover a favorite spot for summer vacations.
Compare old photographs of San Sebastián with real-life stops, and the help of some modern tablet technology! Recreate your own aristocrat or Hollywood socialite pose with Instagram-worthy stops where you can mirror old views today.
- Local, English-speaking guide
Meet your guide at the entrance to the Old City. They will be waiting in front of the main gate from the port side (not the Old Town) at the beginning of Puerto Kalea (Calle Puerto)
• This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 are charged at the price indicated. Children younger than 6 are permitted at no extra cost, but please inform your guide before the tour
Product ID: 50049