Enjoy a full-day tour of Tuscany’s villages and wine regions from San Gimignano and travel into the heart of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Visit the wine territory of Chianti and the Montalcino fortress.
What to Expect
The first part of your day will be dedicated to the province of Siena, starting with a visit to Monteriggioni, an ancient crown-shaped fortress. The 12th-century walls of this fortress are mentioned in Dante's Divine Comedy. After a brief visit, you will relax at a Chianti winery for a lunch of salami, cheeses and other local products, accompanied by a tasting of Chianti wines.
Your day will continue with a trip to Val d’Orcia, another jewel in the Tuscan crown and an UNESCO World Heritage site since 2004. You will travel to Montalcino, a hill town which dominates the 1500 hectares of Brunello vineyards that have made the area world-famous. The last stop will be in a local wine cellar, where you will taste the renowned Brunello of Montalcino wine. At this stop, you will also taste some typical local products.
- Pick-up service
- Travel by minivan with air conditioning for a maximum of eight people
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine tasting and light lunch consisting of typical Tuscan dishes
- Snack with sliced cured meats and typical salami
- Drop off service
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• For light lunch a vegetarian menu is available upon request
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs