The San Francisco Dungeon brings together an amazing cast of talented actors, special effects, stages, scenes, and rides in a truly unique and exciting walk-through experience. Move from show to show as events from old San Francisco come alive!
What to Expect
The San Francisco Dungeon is an all-new themed visitor attraction in the Bay Area based on the renowned Dungeon attractions in London, Amsterdam, and Berlin.
Spend 60 thrilling minutes experiencing 200 years of San Francisco’s authentic past. You and your companions will walk through the Dungeon, moving from show to show, guided by professional actors.
Shows are based on real San Francisco history and legends. You’ll get up close and personal with sinister characters including Miss Piggott, owner of the Wild West Saloon, and the infamous crimper, Shanghai Kelly.
The Dungeon is a fully themed experience. This means 360-degree sets, total authenticity, and theatrical storytelling. On your journey you’ll pass through the Lost Mines of Sutter’s Creek, where gold was first discovered, and Alcatraz, the island military prison for the most heinous of criminals!
Here’s the list of great shows you’ll experience during your visit:
• The Descent – The gripping tales of the Bay Area’s authentic past await you.
• Gold Rush – Greed, violence, and corruption dominate the American frontier.
• Lost Mines of Sutter’s Creek – Don't get trapped in the disorienting maze as the dynamite explodes!
• Streets of San Francisco – The Hounds are out to find political traitors.
• The Court of San Francisco – Give ‘em a fair trial, and hang ‘em high!
• Miss Piggott’s Saloon – Come in for a drink on the house.
• Shanghai Kelly’s Raft Ride – You've been Shanghaied! Thanks for volunteering.
• Chinatown Plague Street – The Plague strikes San Francisco at the turn of the 20th century.
• The Ghosts of Alcatraz – These prison walls hold the most dangerous military fugitives.
Why not double your fun and purchase a combo ticket that includes entrance to Madame Tussauds in San Francisco. Join your favorite film stars on movie sets, visit the White House, and meet President Obama. Walk through the arch of the Golden Gate Bridge and step back in time..
- Admission ticket
- Shows listed in the description
145 Jefferson Street, at Fisherman's Wharf
Know Before You Go
The San Francisco Dungeon is scary fun for everyone, except very young guests and wimps! Our recommended age for visitors is 10 years and above.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, aged 18 years or over, while on or in the vicinity of the attraction, and remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
This experience is timed and you will be able to join the next departure available.