Spend the day with a naturalist guide experiencing spectacular Sonoma County. Explore the dense old-growth forests of Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve, taste fine wine at three boutique wineries in the Dry Creek Valley, and savor a local lunch.
What to Expect
Start your morning with a stop in the Marin Headlands, part of the Golden Gate Recreation Area, to take in exceptional views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay. Then it’s off to Armstrong Woods to meander through redwood forests replete with enormous trees over 300 ft. high and more than 1,400 years old! Learn about the forest ecosystems that spring up in the shade of these giants on an interpretive nature walk with your guide.
Spend the rest of the day wine tasting through Sonoma’s best boutique wineries. One of the defining features of the Sonoma County Wine Region is its variety. There are 16 distinct American Viticultural Areas in the county, growing more than 50 types of grapes, the most common being Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. You’ll sample a range of wines as your guide explains how climate and soil conditions produce distinct and delicious varietals. You’ll also learn tasting techniques used to identify the characteristics of a wine and heighten your tasting experience!
Wineries will be decided by your guide for the day but may include Quivira, Medlock Ames, MacRostie, or Arista.
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown San Francisco Hotel or central meeting point
- 4-6 wine tastings at each of three boutique wineries
- Expert, naturalist guide
- Transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Van
- All entry fees
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Fresh, locally catered lunch
- Breakfast pastries, coffee, and tea in the morning
What's Not Included
- Optional guide gratuity
- Additional tastings or wine purchases
Know Before You Go
• Dietary restrictions and food allergies can be accommodated with advance notice.
• You must be 21 years old to participate in this tour.