Your Wharf Explorer ticket gives you the flexibility to see and do what you want on your own schedule. Hop on and off the open-top tour bus, enjoy 3 guided neighborhood walks, visit the Aquarium of the Bay and take a cruise on San Francisco Bay.
What to Expect
Explore San Francisco on board an open-top double-decker bus and hop off and back on at any of the bus’s many stops.
This package includes a 24-hour hop-on hop-off ticket, walking tours of Chinatown, North Beach and the Barbary Coast neighborhoods, admission to the Aquarium of the Bay, and a cruise on San Francisco Bay. Cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge and pass by Alcatraz Island. When you disembark, visit the aquarium and learn about the animals and habitat of the bay.
Tune in to the commentary on the bus provided by English-speaking live guides, or enjoy the pre-recorded audio commentary in 10 languages.
Hop-on Hop-off Stops:
• Fisherman’s Wharf: Mason at Jefferson Street
• Fisherman’s Wharf: Taylor at Beach Street
• Washington Square: Columbus at Union Street (south-west corner)
• Financial District: Clay and Battery (north-east corner)
• Union Square (across from Macy’s)
• Hilton Hotel: Mason Street at the corner of Ellis
• Civic Center: Asian Art Museum, on Larkin Street
• Fulton Street at Inn at the Opera: Fulton at Franklin Street
• Alamo Square: Fell Street at the corner of Divisadero
• Haight-Ashbury: Stanyan and Haight Street (across from McDonalds)
• Golden Gate Park: Music Concourse, in front of the Academy of Sciences
• Golden Gate Bridge: South Vista Point
• Golden Gate Bridge: North Vista Point
• Palace of Fine Arts: Richardson at Francisco Street
• Lombard and Fillmore (south-west corner)
• Lombard and Gough (south-east corner)
• Union Square: Post Street at Powell (in front of the Westin St. Francis)
• Gates to Chinatown: Grant at Bush Street (in front of the Triton Hotel)
• Steuart Street, in front of the Harbor Court Hotel
• Pier 39
Chinatown Walking Tour
See the magnificent Chinatown Gates, the busy marketplace, and the vibrant mix of traditional and modern-day culture. A qualified tour guide will take you to the best places for authentic Chinese tea, dim sum, herbs and fortune cookies. The tour duration is 90 minutes and departs daily from Stop 5 at 10:30, 12:30 and 14:30. The tour ends at Stop 4.
North Beach Walking Tour
Tour the eclectic Little Italy district from Washington Square Park to the incredible Saints Peter and Paul Church. You’ll be left with a taste of the bohemian lifestyle that inspired so many of the artistically-gifted San Franciscans of previous generations. The tour duration is 1 hour and departs daily from Stop 3 at 11:00 and 15:00, ending back at Stop 3.
Barbary Coast Walking Tour
The Barbary Coast covers a 9-block radius of what was once the haunt of the low and vile. Hear about San Francisco’s small beginnings, its boomtown growth during the California Gold Rush and the end of the Barbary Coast due to the Red Light Abatement Act. See the present Financial District and Jackson Square Historic District, as well as remnants of the past and the hangouts of famous literary figures Mark Twain, Jack London, Ambrose Bierce and Frank Norris. Hear stories of vigilantes, bandits and more. The tour duration is 1 hour and it departs from Stop 5 at 12:00 and 16:00, ending at Stop 4.
- 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus tour pass
- Chinatown walking tour
- North Beach walking tour
- Barbary Coast walking tour
- Admission to the Aquarium of the Bay
- San Francisco Bay cruise
Redeem your voucher at the San Francisco Visitor Center, 99 Jefferson Street, on the corner of Mason Street, Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco (opening hours: 08:00-20:00).
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Schedules for all activities other than hop-on hop-off tickets will be provided by an agent when you redeem your voucher. All included tours and tickets are flexible and can be used when you choose