San Francisco 1960s Psychedelic Magic Bus TourProduct ID: 23970
From £49.12 per personBook now
- Feel the past come alive as you see iconic landmarks in their historic context, and discover the secrets of lesser-known sites
- Visit Chinatown, North Beach, Financial District, Haight-Ashbury, Golden Gate Park and more
- Sing along to classic tunes with a flower in your hair
- Watch live theater and video presentations, blending past and present
- Travel through San Francisco's history aboard a colorful bubble-blowing bus produced by local artists
- Be entertained by an on-board hippie hostess
Your 2-hour journey through time begins as you board the brightly colored Magic Bus in central San Francisco, where you are transported from Union Square to Chinatown, a culturally vibrant pocket of San Francisco that is home to the largest population of Chinese in America. Chinatown was a significant part of America’s exposure to Eastern philosophies in the 1960s and beyond.
Next, visit North Beach, where you will see the City Lights bookstore. City Lights was the epicenter of profound social change in San Francisco, where many famous Beat-generation poems were published and Beatniks like Jack Kerouac hung out.
Continue your Magic ride and watch modern San Francisco blend with the past as you travel through the Financial District and up central Market Street en route to the crossroads of Haight and Ashbury streets – the home of the Summer of Love.
After you’ve experienced the famous Haight-Ashbury district through the bus windows of time-altered perception, your next destination is the lush gardens of Golden Gate Park, where you’ll stop at the Conservatory of Flowers. Hear how America's largest urban park hosted the Human Be-In event in 1967 and the first Earth Day in 1970. If the weather is nice, you may even join a drum circle!
The '60s-era video, music and costumed staff of the Magic Bus will have you feeling present in the past as you are immersed in one of the United States’ most memorable cultural movements. It’s not just a sightseeing tour – it’s a trip, man!
- 2-hour San Francisco history tour
- Fresh flowers for your hair
- Small take-home gift
- Full color program with timeline
- 3-D glasses
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drink
The Magic Bus picks up on Geary Street in Union Square, just across from Macy's and closest to the corner of Geary and Powell Streets (280 Geary Street, San Francisco CA 94102). (Open in Google Maps)
• No smoking or restrooms on the bus, though the bus stops at a public restroom in Golden Gate Park
• Bus is not handicap accessible
Product ID: 23970