From San Francisco, spend the morning in Muir Woods, then visit California's wine country. Walk under ancient Redwoods, the world's tallest trees. Then enjoy wine tasting in California's vineyards and a gourmet 3-course lunch with wine pairing.
What to Expect
John Muir worked hard to establish the USA's system of national parks, including Yosemite. Muir Woods is a living monument to him and is one of the last virgin Redwood forests remaining after 150 years of logging.
On this full-day tour you will spend 1-hour walking in the shadows of the world's tallest trees before learning about the history, craft, and science of winemaking in California’s lovely wine country.
The art of wine tasting is very much on the agenda as you explore the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. Winemaking began here in California's wine country more than 100 years ago. Visit a sparkling wine vineyard, included as part of the day’s excursion, and enjoy a guided tour through a boutique winery, dependent on availability.
Afterwards, visit Napa Valley for even more tastings. The 3 wineries you will visit on this trip represent a variety of grapes, specialties, winemaking styles, and size of operation, giving you a well-rounded wine country experience and lots of new favorite wines to add to your shopping list. You can also select an option to enjoy a gourmet cheese tasting.
Your lunch includes a sit-down gourmet, 3-course meal with wine pairing. Please specify your choice of one item per course during the booking process or our local supplier reserves the right to choose on your behalf.
On Arrival: NV Gloria Blanc de Noir, Sonoma and a Cheese Plate with Fresh Fruit
First Course - your choice of:
Option Tomato Bisque
with fresh basil and Parmesan Cheese
Classic Caesar Salad
romaine hearts with the Bistro’s home-made Caesar Dressing
Entree - paired with paired with 2014 Dirty Pond Pinot Noir, Sonoma - your choice of:
with almond-arugula pesto and grated Pecorino Romano
mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and caper butter sauce
seasonal vegetables and balsamic reduction
Menu items subject to change.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from most San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees
- Professional guide
- 3-Course gourmet lunch with wine pairing
- Golden Gate Bridge stop
What's Not Included
- Muir Woods admission - USD 10
Know Before You Go
• You must be 21 or over, with a valid ID to participate in the wine tasting
• Cancelation and changes made more than 4 days (96 hours) = no cancellation or change fee. Cancelations made less than 96 hourss/ 4 days = no refunds. Changes less than 96 hourrs/ 4 days = 10% or USD 25 fee, whichever is greater
• The tour operator is not responsible for loss or damage of personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions on tours
• Lunch for children is not included in the tour price and is payable at the restaurant. The children's menu is a la carte and the customer is responsible for the payment