North Beach Progressive Dining Experience plus Alcatraz
From £113 per personBook now
- Enjoy sample bites from 4 establishments
- Learn about the history of the North Beach neighborhood
- Visit Alcatraz Island and explore the former federal prison
Start your progressive dining experience at 2 restaurants for appetizers, then continue to a third restaurant for your entrée, and conclude with dessert as you experience North Beach like a local.
Hear stories of chefs and restaurant owners and meet industry experts. Explore this historic Italian neighborhood with a California ingredient-driven twist.
Your food tour includes wine and cheese pairing at a trendy wine bar, where the wine is poured directly from barrels. You’ll also enjoy authentic Italian wood-fired pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the west coast.
Taste sweet and savory local artisan agave caramel and caramel popcorn at a neighborhood gourmet food boutique. Finally, you’ll watch an Italian expert cannoli maker fill your delicate cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned café.
In the morning, before your North Beach Food Tour you’ll take the ferry out to Alcatraz Island and visit the notorious prison on a self-guided audio tour, available in many languages. Learn what life on The Rock was like from commentary by prisoners, former guards, and people who lived on the island.
While on Alcatraz Island you can explore the gardens and see the large colonies of nesting birds (closed February to September during the mating, census, and hatching season). Alcatraz is now a sanctuary for seabirds such as cormorants and pigeon guillemots, and water birds such as snowy egrets and night herons.
- 3-Hour walking tour
- Experienced guide
- 4 samplings
- Alcatraz admission and ferry ticket ($33)
- Gratuity for the guide
- Transportation to the meeting point
- Additional food and beverages
Your Alcatraz ferry departs from Alcatraz Landing, pier 33, at the Embarcadero in San Francisco. Your ferry departs at the time listed on your voucher and you should arrive at least 15 minutes in advance and have a photo ID ready for all passengers over 16 years of age. Your food tour begins at 15:00 at 1630 Stockton Street, in front of the Italian Athletic Club.
• This culinary experience is for serious foodies who are interested not only in tasting but also interested in learning about the history of North Beach
• This is a walking tour, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather, which can be unpredictable
• This tour is non-refundable once confirmed
Product ID: 63098