Take a guided tour of the Muir Woods National Monument, with entry tickets included, on a trip from San Francisco. Continue onto Sausalito and choose to either explore by bike or return by ferry.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 - 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Enjoy 1 hour 15 minutes top at Muir Woods
- Explore the quaint town of Sausalito
- See giant Redwood trees towering above you
See the giant redwoods at Muir Woods National Monument and stroll through the picturesque city of Sausalito on a guided tour from San Francisco. Choose to extend your time in Sausalito and return by ferry, or rent a bike to explore on 2 wheels.
Meet your guide in San Francisco and board the bus to begin your experience. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge as you leave the city, and pass through the Rainbow Tunnels on Highway 101. Admire the views of tidal flats and rolling hills, with Mount Tamalpais in the distance.
Arrive at Muir Woods National Monument, where you’ll spend 1 hour and 15 minutes exploring. Stroll through the landscape of giant sequoia trees, unchanged since the Coast Miwok Native American tribe lived here centuries ago.
Follow the Nature Trail along Redwood Creek, passing 500- to 800-year-old redwoods. Wander through Cathedral and Bohemian Groves. Be sure to stop at the Visitor Center and the gift shop for more gems.
Continue onto Sausalito, a coastal community filled with elegant homes that face the bay. Enjoy a 1-hour stop to explore the city, which has unrivaled views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline.
See the unique colony of floating homes moored along the waterfront. Walk through the downtown area — a National Historic Landmark District — passing quaint boutique shops, galleries, and restaurants.
Select the option including the Sausalito ferry, to enjoy a scenic 1-way ferry trip back to San Francisco. Upgrade your activity with a 4-hour bike rental to extend your time in Sausalito. With this option, you can explore at your own pace and return to San Francisco at your leisure.
- Half-day tour
- Admission to Muir Woods
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- WiFi and restroom on board
- 1-way ferry ticket from Sausalito to San Francisco (if option selected)
- 4-hour bike rental (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You must bring your own headphones
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- The 4-hour bike rental comes with a helmet, basket or bike bag, bike lock, and a detailed map; baby seats for infants, double trailers for toddlers and tag-a-long attachments for young children are available at an additional cost upon request
- This tour is not recommended for riders who are 300 pounds and over
- Bike reservation is not mandatory but recommended to hold your bikes and streamline the pickup process