From San Francisco: Monterey and Carmel Tour & Alcatraz
From £154 per personBook now
- Explore the infamous prison on your trip to Alcatraz Island
- Take a scenic coastal drive along Pacific coast Highway 1 on this tour from San Francisco
- Explore Monterey's renowned Cannery Row
- Cruise along beautiful 17-Mile Drive, on your way to the charming towns of Pebble Beach and Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Enjoy an optional stop in Half Moon Bay or Santa Cruz
Set foot on Monterey’s famous Cannery Row for a chance to stroll among the shops and grab a fresh seafood lunch. The tour will follow the coast through the beautiful little town of Pacific Grove on the way to the 17 Mile Drive. This famous road winds its way between magnificent homes and the spectacular coastline, between the greens and tees of world famous golf courses and among the last remaining forest of a rare species of the Monterey Cypress.
This scenic drive finishes up at the Pebble Beach Village. Upon arrival in the enchanted town of Carmel-by-the-Sea, explore the boutique shops on Ocean Avenue or be dazzled by the white sandy beach. This tour also has optional short stops in Half Moon Bay or Santa Cruz.
On the following day, visit Alcatraz, San Francisco's most popular attraction. Learn about the prison's unique history courtesy of an award-winning audio tour, available in 6 languages. Wander around the abandoned cell blocks on a guided tour and hear about some of the prison's most notable inmates.
After your cell house tour, feel free to explore the island and take in the stunning views of the San Francisco skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge, and San Francisco Bay. Most visits to Alcatraz last 2-2.5 hours and ferries depart the island every 30 minutes.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (available from most San Francisco hotels)
- Tour narration in English
- Professional local driver and guide
- Alcatraz ticket
First day: Pick-up is available from hotels located in San Francisco downtown or Fisherman's Wharf. Second day: For the Alcatraz tour on the following day, please meet at the Alcatraz Landing, located at Pier 33. (Open in Google Maps)
• Please note that for your child's safety, you are required to bring a child safety seat for all children under 8 years of age or 4' 9" in height
• Tour is non-refundable
• The face value of the Alcatraz ticket is USD 33
• You must provide the name of all participants in your group when booking in order to receive Alcatraz tickets. If incomplete information is provided you will not get tickets, nor receive a refund
Product ID: 53346