Golden Gate Catamaran Cruise and Visit to Alcatraz
From £67 per personBook now
- Visit Alcatraz Island and explore the notorious prison
- Cruise past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge as you look for sea lions
- View the striking skyline of San Francisco, always in sight during your cruise
- Sail along the beautiful San Francisco Bay on this 1.5-hour cruise
- Enjoy a second cruise as you take the ferry out to Alcatraz
Take in your surroundings from a protected viewing area, or you live on the edge and stand on the canvas trampoline nets with the waves beneath your feet. Pick up a helpful navigation guide providing information about San Francisco's landmarks as you sail past. Complete the trip by taking the helm from the captain for a chance to steer the boat yourself: it's the perfect activity for kids as well as kids-at-heart. The captain and crew are always there, happy to snap a photo or answer your questions about the sights of San Francisco.
If all this excitement makes you hungry, there are snacks, soda, beer, or wine available at the cabin's snack bar. So come and see San Francisco's skyline like never before on this incredible sailing adventure. The second part of your combination tour is a ferry ride and visit the notorious Alcatraz Prison, which served as a federal penitentiary from 1934 to 1963 and housed infamous criminals like Al Capone and Robert Stroud, the Birdman. Take the award-winning 45-minute cell-house audio tour, and hear the tales of those who lived Alcatraz. This tour brings history to life through the recounting of tales from correctional officers and prisoners.
Please note that the catamaran cruise does not stop at Alcatraz Island. You will receive a separate ticket to board the ferry from San Francisco's Pier 33 to Alcatraz Island.
- 1.5-hour catamaran cruise (does not stop at Alcatraz Island)
- Ferry ticket and entrance to Alcatraz Island
- Refreshments (available for purchase on board)
During the months of June – August you will take the Catamaran Tour (does not stop at Alcatraz Island) at 11:00 which departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions. When you get to Pier 39, stand on the sidewalk and look towards the water. Do not go down the center where the shops are, but take the left outside walkway. Go towards the sea lions and look for Gate J. During the months of March – May and September – November you will Visit Alcatraz in the morning and take the catamaran cruise at 13:00. Pick up your Alcatraz tickets at the will call/reserved tickets window located at Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33.
• During the months of March – May and Sept – Dec, pick up your ticket at Alcatraz Landing - Pier 33 (your cruise will depart between 08:45 and 09:30). A photo ID is required. Your 13:00 Catamaran cruise departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions
• This tour is non-refundable once booked
• Bring a jacket and wear soft-soled shoes. No outside beverages are allowed on board
• This package contains 2 separate cruises; A catamaran cruise on San Francisco Bay that DOES NOT stop at Alcatraz Island and a ferry ticket that takes you from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island
• You must provide the full name of all participants when booking in order to receive your Alcatraz tickets. In the case of incomplete information, you will not receive your tickets or receive a refund
• The face value of your Alcatraz ticket is USD 35.50
Product ID: 73799