Alcatraz Visit and Golden Gate Bridge GoCar Drive ComboProduct ID: 68034
From £155.92 Per group up to 2Book now
- Enjoy fantastic views of the San Francisco skyline, San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean
- Cross San Francisco Bay to the former maximum security prison at Alcatraz
- Hear interviews with former inmates on the award-winning Alcatraz audio tour
- Explore San Francisco as you drive a self-guided storytelling GoCar
You can arrange the program in the order you like, but it is recommended that you visit Alcatraz first. San Francisco's most popular tourist attraction is the former prison that now provides an award-winning audio tour of the cell house, including interviews with former guards and inmates.
Available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish, the audio tour is 30 minutes long, but it will take you 45 minutes to 1 hour to tour the fascinating cell house. After the audio tour, you are free to wander around the island as long as you wish. Enjoy amazing views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay.
Return to the mainland by one of the frequent ferry services and pick-up your GoCar at the Fisherman’s Wharf office. These iconic yellow storytelling cars were described by TIME Magazine as the most amazing invention of the year, and will take you on an exciting loop of San Francisco in just 2 hours.
Fold up your map and let the GoCar guide you via its GPS system. Easy and fun to drive, the car knows where you are, even if you don’t! With you in the driver’s seat, it will tell you where to turn and tell you stories that bring San Francisco to life.
You’ll head out from San Francisco’s Pier 33 in the morning on the Alcatraz tour. Tours start as early as 09:30. A final confirmation of the exact departure time will be issued by the local supplier.
Once confirmed, the GoCar Alcatraz Combo tour is non-refundable. GoCar departure times may be adjusted or rescheduled, subject to availability. If there is inclement weather at the time of the GoCar departure, you may either reschedule for another day or receive a full refund for the GoCar tour portion only.
- 2-hour GoCar rental (seats 2 people)
- GPS technology
- Driver orientation and safety briefing
- Full tank of gas
- Alcatraz admission for 2 people
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Optional insurance
Pick-up your Alcatraz tickets at the Guest Services window at Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33. Your 2-hour GoCar Tour will depart on the same day from 431 Beach Street, San Francisco. Please refer to the confirmation from GoCar Tours for specific departure time and ticket pick-up instructions. (Open in Google Maps)
• All passengers over 16 years of age must bring a photo ID for the Alcatraz tour
• Your Alcatraz Cruise will depart on the morning of your selected date and your 2-hour GoCar Tour will begin at 16:30
• You must provide the full name of each participant when booking in order to receive your Alcatraz tickets (in the case of incomplete information, you will not receive your tickets or a refund)
• Drivers must be 21 years or older to rent a GoCar, and possess a major credit card and valid driver's license
• The face value of your Alcatraz ticket is $31
• On the day of rental, a $500 security deposit will be held on your credit card until the GoCar is returned. All riders must sign a standard participant agreement. Renters will have the option of purchasing collision damage waiver (CDW) insurance
Product ID: 68034