Glide over the Po Valley at sunset on board a quality hot air balloon, and enjoy stunning views of the vineyards, Alps, Appenines, and even the skyline of Milan. Land for a traditional celebratory toast of local DOC wine, paired with local food snacks.
What to Expect
Head to the hot air balloon launch site of San Colombano al Lambro, approximately 27 miles (45 kilometers) from the center of Milan, to glide over the vineyards and farms of the Po Valley.
Meet your pilot to transfer to the nearby launch site for a pre-flight briefing. If you choose, you can assist with the balloon inflation to be part of your flight experience. Once the balloon is inflated, the pilot will welcome you on board the “lighter than air“ flight.
The direction of your journey will depend on the wind, although some directional control is possible by ascending or descending into air currents. The pilot can raise or lower the hot air balloon by controlling the temperature inside the balloon.
Enjoy 360-degree panoramic views and get bird’s eye photo opportunities of the spectacular scenery. The maximum height you will ascend to is 1,500 feet (500 meters) where the temperature is almost the same as on the ground. The ground crew will be tracking your flight as you go so that they will be waiting with the Jeep transfer to take you back to San Colombano al Lambro after your landing.
Before your transfer, and after an approximate 40-60 minute flight time, toast your adventure with local DOC wines and salami and cheese. Your pilot will sign your First Flight Certificate as a souvenir of your day.
- Detailed pre-flight briefing
- 1-hour hot air balloon flight (approximate)
- Traditional toast of wine and snacks at the end of your flight
- First flight certificate, signed by the pilot
- Transportation by Jeep to the flight take-off spot
- Full insurance and VAT
What's Not Included
- Transfers from/to Milan (can be booked as an add-on for EUR 150 for a maximum 4 persons)
Know Before You Go
• Flights are by a commercial balloon company with certifications from the Italian Civil Aviation Authority
• Operator is not qualified to judge your fitness, so you are responsible for ensuring that you are fit to fly
• Flights are not permitted for pregnant ladies, those suffering from any significant medical condition, or those that have recently undergone surgery
• Do not take the flight if you are not able to keep a correct landing position (bend knees and keep the hands on the handles), or if you are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
• Please provide a certificate of your fitness to fly from your doctor or specialist. It is essential that you disclose any medical or physical condition that could affect your safety or the safety of others
• Children aged from 8 years and up can fly, but they must be at least 1.3 meters tall (4 foot and 3 inches)