Escape the purpose built tourist resorts and discover the real Spain on this full-day, rural bike ride. Enjoy olive oil tasting, a 4 course traditional Catalan meal with local wines. The history and scenery will leave you with lasting memories.
What to Expect
Enjoy a fun, safe and unique cultural full-day bike tour of the Costa Daurada from Salou. Suitable for all abilities and fitness levels, the tour takes you up to the surrounding hills, approximately 25 minutes from Salou, Cap Salou, Cambrils and La Pineda.
During the short transfer, you will be entertained with stories about the rich history of the region by your guide and driver. Then, on arrival, the bikes are unloaded for some thrilling free-wheel riding all the way back downhill.
Pedal along safe tarmac roads, taking in the breathtaking scenery of the black mountains of the Serra de Llaberia, and quaint villages, such as Marçà and Riudecanyes. You will also stop to visit a local olive oil co-operative to see how they produce the "liquid gold." A chance to sample some is a definite highlight!
The ride is done over 4 stages, totaling around 48km with 92% downhill, the remainder on the flat or a slight incline. Finish around 14:30 at a traditional Catalan restaurant known for its fresh locally produced cuisine, including wines from the region.
- Bike, helmet, and safety vest
- Free unlimited drinking water
- Transportation to and from your pick-up and drop off point
- Entrance to an olive oil museum, with tastings
- 4 course barbecue meal with wine, lager, soft drinks and local liquors
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour is not really suitable for children under 10, due to it being a full-day event. There is a recommended half-day tour better suited for families with children under 10 years old