Secrets of Sakkara: Full-Day Private TourProduct ID: 67809
From £54 per personBook now
- Explore Sakkara, the biggest burial ground in Ancient Egypt serving as the Necropolis for the Ancient Egyptian capital, Memphis
- Discover the ancient Egyptian history of Sakkara
- See all the attractions of Sakkara, including pyramids, tombs and museums
- Enjoy lunch in local restaurant with a qualified guide
Start your adventure with pick-up from your hotel in Cairo or Giza in a private, air-conditioned vehicle. Visit Imhotep Museum, designed to house artifacts from local excavations, with mummies and statues on show. See the only statue of Imhotep, returned from the Louvre Museum.
Continue to the Pyramid of Djoser (Zoser), the oldest pyramid in Egypt and the first stone construction in history.
Next, your guide will escort you to the Pyramid of King Unas and the Pyramid of king Titi, where you can discover the pyramid texts, a group of spells to protect the deceased king in his afterlife. Enter the pyramids and marvel at the amazing texts, still preserved today.
Continue to the tombs of Sakkara and the Tomb of Ti. This tomb belongs to a high official from the fifth dynasty and is considered one of the biggest tombs in Sakkara.
See the Mastaba of Kagemni. This Mastaba tomb belongs to an official who was appointed as a chief of justice, the highest governmental post in old Egypt, in the reign of King Teti, the first king of the sixth dynasty. Visit the Tomb of Ankh Mahor (the Physician's tomb); this tomb known as the Physician's Tomb because of the medical and circumcision scenes.
Next see the Mastaba tomb of Mereruka. This is one of the most impressive tombs in Sakkara because of the size of this tomb, the colors and the scenes of offerings and fishing, as well as scenes showing the milking and herding of cattle.
After your tour, have your lunch and return to your hotel.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees for all sights mentioned in the program
- Lunch in local restaurant
- Private qualified Egyptologist
- Cairo or Giza Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Cairo or Giza hotel (Open in Google Maps)
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
Product ID: 67809