St. Thomas Mangrove Kayak, Hike, & Snorkel Tour with Lunch
From £110 per personBook now
- Kayak among the many small islands of the Mangrove Lagoon to Long Point and Patricia Cay
- Visit a natural geological blowhole and enjoy a picnic lunch
- Discover a variety of colorful coral and underwater life while snorkeling
- Explore the sea grass and nursery life in the shallow waters on a 45-minute walk
- Walk along the beaches, strewn with shells and coral, taking in the warm sun and tropical atmosphere
- Learn about the importance of the mangrove ecosystem
- Hike along a deserted island, admiring the views around you
Begin by kayaking among the many small islands of the Mangrove Lagoon to Long Point and Patricia Cay. Enjoy breathtaking scenic views from the coral rubble barrier reef that divides Long Point, the southernmost tip of St. Thomas, from the deserted island of Patricia Cay. Here you will find a multitude of coral and shells, as well as interesting marine life including bristle stars, sea urchins, chitons, and perhaps even octopi in very shallow, clear waters.
From this tranquil setting, enjoy a 10-minute paddle through romantic mangrove alleyways, looking out for nesting pelicans and eagle rays swimming in the shallow waters below. Be sure to paddle slowly as you pass over several shipwrecks en route to Cas Cay.
Upon arriving at the wildlife sanctuary of Cas Cay, a deserted tropical island consisting of 15 acres of mangrove forest to the south and volcanic cliffs to the north, enjoy a hermit crab race. You will learn about the importance of the mangrove ecosystem, and how to identify the various tropical plants, as well as their edible and medicinal uses.
Then, enjoy a 15-minute leisurely stroll along a scenic coral and shell rubble beach. Once reaching the south side of Cas Cay, explore the boulders flanked with volcanic cliffs. This spot is home to the famous Red Point Blow Hole. Here you will enjoy a picnic lunch from a local market with your guide and group.
Hike the pristine, deserted 15-acre island of Cas Cay, which is a part of the Virgin Islands Park System. Enjoy the many breathtaking views from the shell-laden beaches. Snorkel a coral-fringed mangrove nursery with an easy beach entry in the clear protected waters.
While snorkeling, you will continue to explore the waters around Cas Cay. Your guide will lead you on a 45-minute tour through a shallow marine habitat. Explore the sea grass and mangrove nursery habitats in calm, warm, and shallow waters teeming with colorful and abundant sea life.
Complete your day kayaking through the mangroves back to the marina.
- 5-hour guided tour
- All necessary safety gear
- Picnic lunch
- Snorkel gear
- Free lockers
- Dressing room and toilet facilities
- Local taxes and fees
- Gratuity for your guides
Our main marina is located on the southeast side of St. Thomas. This 5-hour tour departs from Mangrove Lagoon Marina, St. Thomas. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour. Virgin Islands EcoTours 6526 Estate Nadir #2 St. Thomas, V.I. 00802 From town: Take route 30 east until it intersects with route 32 (also the Bridge to Nowhere/Esso Station). Turn right (southeast) and we are located on the right side of the road. We're the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side. From Red Hook: Head southwest on route 32 toward town. We are located on the left side of the road. We're the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side.
• Bathing suit
• Clothing that can get wet, hat, sunglasses etc. for sun protection
• Footwear that can get wet (water shoes or sandals), strap around the heel recommended
• A great attitude to have the best experience of your holiday
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hour notice or fail to show up for your tour, then the full cost of the tour will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee your tour.
Product ID: 28623