Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Sa Pa District of Lào Cai Province in northwest Vietnam on a 2-day (3-night) trekking tour. Immerse yourself in the everyday lives of the hill tribes, meeting H’Mong, Black H’Mong and Dzay minority people.
What to Expect
Experience an authentic, timeless way of life among the hill tribes of the Hoang Lien Son mountains on a package tour of 3 nights - 2 days tour to Sapa, traveling on the overnight sleeper train from Hanoi. Take treks along old buffalo tracks, and get eye-catching views of the terraced rice fields. Encounter friendly locals in scattered villages, and learn more about a lifestyle that the everyday stresses of modern life has yet to touch.
Day 1: Hanoi - Lao Cai
Transfer from Hanoi on the overnight sleeper train to Lao Cai. Your guide will collect you from your Hanoi Old Quarter hotel in time for a departure at approximately 20:00 - 20:30. Relax on board the air-conditioned train (4 beds in 1 cabin. A private option is available), and arrive refreshed at approximately 06:00 the next morning.
Day 2: Lao Cai - Sapa - Cat Cat - Sapa (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Following a pick-up from Lao Cai Station on arrival, transfer to Sa Pa on the dramatic mountain roads of the Hoang Lien Son range. Check into your hotel on arrival in Sapa town center, and freshen up before breakfast. Then, start a walking tour to the hill tribe village of Cat Cat, home of the H'Mong minority people. Discover H’Mong villages nestled in the valley, and meet some of the hill tribes going about their daily lives. Learn about their traditional cultures and meet local families. Return to your hotel in Sapa for your overnight stay.
Day 3: Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Sapa - Lao Cai (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Following breakfast at your hotel, embark on a lovely trek along the buffalo trails of the surrounding hills. Pass several tribal villages, including Lao Chai and Ta Van, home to the Black H'Mong and Dzay minority peoples. Marvel at the spectacular scenery, inhabited by some of the friendliest people you can ever meet. Once on the valley floor, appreciate the beauty of the surrounding valley, walled by the multi-layered rice terraces and scattered villages. Return to Sapa to have dinner. Free time walking around the city centre a while before transfer to Lao Cai Railway Station for the return train ride to Hanoi. Tour services end at Hanoi Train Station, from where you can easily catch a taxi to hotels in the Old Quater.
- Accommodation in a 2-star hotel in Sa Pa (check-in time is 12:00, check-out time is 10:00)
- Return train tickets Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi (air-conditioned soft sleeper cabin)
- English and French-speaking guide
- Transfers by air-conditioned car
- Meals as per the above program
- Entrance fees
- Service charge
- Goverment tax
- Shower room after the tour on the 2nd day (if you choose to check out)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips and personal expenses
- Extra nights spent in the accommodation after the tour
Hotel pick-up is available for guests staying in hotels in Old Quarter of Hanoi.
If your hotel is far outside of Old Quarter of Hanoi. Please make your way to the office at: 03 Gia Ngu street, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem district. (nearby Hoan Kiem lake)
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please provide details of your hotel in Hanoi for the pick-up service
• Please provide your full name and the room number of the hotel you checked out of in Hanoi
• A representative will collect you from your hotel at least 1.5 hours before the scheduled train departure. Please be in the lobby by 19.30 ready to depart. Guides will hold a company sign with your name on it for ease of contact
• Please bring warm clothes, especially between November and March, along with trekking shoes and a rain coat
• Please note, early check-in is at 13:00 and check-out at 12:00 (this is the latest available check-out time)