Take a white hike! Open your senses and experience a silence of the forest in the night. Snow reflection, stars and moon are giving us light, while finding a way in the darkness.
What to Expect
Snowshoeing is a great way to experience Lapland’s wintry wildernesses, enjoy the fresh and clean air and get some exercise. After a 20-minute transfer you will arrive to the Wilderness Lodge, traditional lumberjack manor nestled by the beautiful river of Raudanjoki. Together with your guide you cross the walking bridge to the river island where you can admire frozen rapids. The area provides high chance to spot Northern Lights.
You will get all the needed equipment and you head for the forests trail. Using snowshoes is easy, you don’t need to be a skilled skier to learn what snowshoe hiking is all about – reasonably good balance and warm clothing is all you need. During the trip there will be a break by the open fire to fry sausages and keep our eyes in sky to spot the Northern Lights.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf)
- Grilled sausages on open fire
Know Before You Go
• The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date
• The guidance is in English, other languages on request
• The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.