The healing properties of Hells Gate mud and sulphur mineral water have been used by local Māori for over 800 years. Open and clean your skin by lathering it in a unique type of mud, before exfoliating and cleansing with a soak in the sulphur spa.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere, RotoruaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Food and drinks
- Unaccompanied minors
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- The complimentary shuttle from central Rotorua operates 3-4 times a day (seasonally). It must be pre-booked and is subject to availability
- Please confirm your shuttle pick-up time and location with the local operator after booking. Note that your hotel pick-up may be earlier than the time shown when booking
- The venue is open daily except Christmas Day. Opening hours vary seasonally
- Bring swimwear and towels: they will not be discolored by the sulphur but should be washed as soon as possible
- Changing rooms, shower facilities and disabled facilities are available on site
- The minimum age for the mud baths is 2.5 years of age, and 6 months for the sulphur spa
- All children under the age of 15 must be supervised by a caregiver at all times.
- Children should not bathe for extended periods of time, and should drink water constantly.