Explore the Hanseatic city of Rostock and the fairytale castle of Schwerin on a 10-hour tour from Warnemünde. See the famous astronomical clock of St. Marien church, sample German specialties for lunch, and travel by local trams and trains.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 10-hour tour of Rostock, Scwerin, and Warnemünde by foot, by train and by tram, to get an excellent overview of the Mecklenburg region.
An enthusiastic local guide will share insights into the local history, starting with a short walk around the former fishermen’s village, and modern-day cruise ship port and seaside resort of Warnemünde. Admire typical gabled houses and the authentic “Old Stream” canal, lined with brightly-painted fishing boats.
Then ride the commuter train and tram to Rostock, the largest city of Mecklenburg. Stroll the streets of the Hanseatic university town, exploring its lively market squares and buildings, such as the medieval monastery of the Holy Cross and the Basilica of St. Marien.
Continue to Schwerin by scenic train, arriving in time for a lunch snack and drink at a local venue. Stroll through the old town with your guide, exploring the market, cathedral, old and new parliamentary buildings, and the state theater and museum.
The charming castle of Schwerin is nestled on the banks of the lake, and boasts beautiful gardens for an afternoon stroll. See some of the preserved rooms of the 19th-century fairytale castle, before your return to Warnemünde by train.
Please note that the itinerary may vary with the first leg of the tour leading to Schwerin and the second part covering Rostock.
- English-speaking guide
- Public transportation tickets
- Entrance to St. Marien Church in Rostock
- Entrance to Schwerin Castle
- German lunch and drink
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drink
- Tips and souvenirs
Know Before You Go
• Please note: this tour requires a minimum 5 participants to run. If this group size is not reached a week before the tour, it will be cancelled. If the date you require is already a "guranteed tour," you will be informed during the booking process
• The tour is not suitable for travelers with walking difficulties. Moderate walking distances of up to 15-20 minutes at a time should easily be accomplished by all participants