Discover one of the world’s finest art collections on a 3-hour semi-private tour of the Vatican City in Rome. Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums. Then, marvel at Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. End in St. Peter’s Basilica.
What to Expect
Journey through history on a 3-hour, small group tour of the Vatican City, and discover masterpieces of art and architecture in the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Start at the Vatican Museums to see Roman art from 3 artistic styles: The Baroque, Renaissance, and Medieval. Marvel at statues and sculptures from Ancient Rome, and see mosaics and crafts from imperial times. Along the way, learn more than 2,000 years of history from an art historian guide.
Go to the Raphael Rooms, a suite of 4 reception rooms that are rarely appreciated publicly. See the frescoes and mural paintings of the popes’ private chambers. Next, enter the miraculous Sistine Chapel for an explanation of Michelangelo’s chapel to Pope Julius II. Look up at the famous ceiling painting before you enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
Enter one of the largest and most important churches in the world. Admire the Renaissance architecture and art by Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno, Gian Lorenzo Bernini, and Michelangelo. Look at Michelangelo’s sublime “Pietà” sculpture, along with other sacred works of art.
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- English-speaking historian guide
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Earphone system (EUR 3 payable to your guide if needed)
Know Before You Go
• Please note the dress code to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women at all times. You risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
• Minimum numbers apply for this tour. Your tour may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In the event of a cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Please note that you should not carry large bags on the tour, as these items won't be admitted inside the attractions
• Areas around the museums or basilica are sometimes closed. In the event of a partial closure of some attractions, no refund is admitted. Your guide will take you to other areas of the museums