Explore Rome’s historic Trastevere neighborhood by Segway and discover charming streets and medieval houses. See why the area has become Rome’s most fashionable neighborhood, and end with a lunch in a typical restaurant.
What to Expect
Located on the opposite side of the Tiber River to central Rome, Trastevere is famous for its beautiful medieval character and labyrinth of winding streets. Today, Trastevere is the locals' go-to spot for a pleasant evening out at the many wonderful bars, cafés and restaurants lining the picturesque streets.
Your tour departs after a brief and easy training session on the segways, heading towards Circus Maximus, the ancient Roman site of chariot races. Aboard the Segways, explore Trastevere's characteristic alleyways and pass through the famous piazzas Trilussa, Santa Maria in Trastevere and even Piazza San Cosimato, home of Trastevere’s local open-air market. Finally, enjoy a view from the Gianicolo hill and catch a glimpse of Tiberina Island and the Collosseum on your way back to a typical Roman lunch in a neighborhood restaurant.
Your tour leader will take you off-the-beaten-track and will introduce you to a side of the city most tourists never see. Explore Trastevere and the surrounding areas on this surprising and fun half-day tour of a little known part of this ancient city, all from the unique viewpoint of a Segway.
- Training and riding session
- Segway rental
- iPod video
- Tour leader
- Audio guides
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Extra hours
Know Before You Go
• Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
• Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
• Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
• Not recommended for pregnant women
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Colosseum or Roman Forum on this tour