Skip the Line: Vatican at Night & Sistine Chapel Tour
From £61 per personBook now
- Enjoy an after-hours tour of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Explore the collections of the Museums without the massive crowds
- Have all your questions answered by your entertaining, expert tour guide
As your group has a maximum of just 15 people, there will be plenty of opportunity to have all your questions answered.
You’ll also see some of the finest ancient sculptures and Renaissance art in the world, including Raphael’s School of Athens, the Hellenistic Laocoön, and the Apollo Belvedere.
The highlight of the tour is, of course, the Sistine Chapel, the private chapel of the Pope. In the evening light, and without the tourist hordes, you’ll be able to get a sense of the intimate atmosphere the Pope would have enjoyed here.
As you admire Michelangelo’s famous frescoes, your Vatican expert will tell you about their creation, secrets behind them, and what it is that makes them so special.
- Admission tickets and reservation fees to enter the Vatican Museums after hours
- Skip-the-line access
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- St. Peter’s Basilica (closed at that hour)
At the green bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento. Meeting Point Directions: We meet just outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19. The closest Metro/Underground stop is Ottaviano. (Open in Google Maps)
• Galleries of the Vatican Museums can sometimes be closed without prior notice and pieces removed for restoration or loan. In the case of a gallery being closed, your guide will take you to another section of the Museums
• The Sistine Chapel is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Your tour operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress
• St. Peter’s Basilica is closed at the time of this tour and therefore cannot be visited, nor can access be provided from the Sistine Chapel, as it can on other tours
• While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums
• You may not carry large backpacks or strollers inside the Vatican Museums
Product ID: 53696