See the highlights of the Vatican and Ancient Rome on this 6-hour guided walking tour. This combination of 2 popular offerings takes you on a morning visit to the Vatican followed by an afternoon spent admiring Rome’s architectural gems.
What to Expect
See the important sites of Ancient Rome on this combination of 2 walking tours. See the highlights of the Vatican in the morning, and then discover over 2,000 years of Rome’s art and architecture in the afternoon.
This is a unique opportunity to see the most important sites of the Vatican and historical Rome.
At the Vatican, you’ll enjoy priority admission on your visits to St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and the Vatican museums.
In the afternoon, your guide will take you to see monuments dating as far back as the Roman era. Visit the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Capitoline Hill, and the Pantheon. See Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain and listen as your guide tells you about their fascinating history.
The Vatican tour and the Ancient Rome tour are each 3 hours long. For English and German-speaking clients the Vatican tour starts at 08:30, and the Ancient Rome tour starts at 14:00. For Spanish-speaking clients the Vatican tour starts at 09:30, and the Ancient Rome tour starts at 14:00. For French-speaking clients the Vatican tour starts at 10:00, and the Ancient Rome tour starts at 14:00.
- 6-hour combination walking tour
- Live guide and personal headset
- Admission fees and skip-the-line entrance for all venues
- Free wi-fi at the meeting point
What's Not Included
- Hotel transfers
- Food and beverages
- Tips and gratuities
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The tour does not include a visit to St. Peter's during the following times, as it will be closed:
24 and 31 December
Wednesdays from 08:00-12:00
• On rare occasions, St. Peter's closes without notice. In these circumstances, the tour will include a 3-hour visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel instead of St. Peter's. The tour operator will not offer refunds
• Dress code at the Vatican requires shoulders and knees to be covered. This is strictly enforced and if you are not dressed accordingly you may be refused entry
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible