Benefit from immediate entry to St. Peter’s Basilica and enjoy the freedom to tour at your own pace. Using the audio guide, marvel at art by Michelangelo and more.
What to Expect
Save time at Saint Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City, legendary for its long entrance lines. With guaranteed skip-the-line access, you will save up to - and often more than - one hour to get access to the most important Catholic church in the world.
A tour representative will meet you on St. Peter’s Square and take you to a dedicated fast track line. The provided audio guide will allow you to explore at your own pace, and spend as much or as little time as you like inside the Basilica.
Gaze in awe at the soaring dome, redesigned by Michelangelo in 1547 and completed by Giacomo della Porta and Domenico Fontana in 1590. Admire the pilasters of Maderno's nave, exquisite architectural features by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, and much more.
What's Not Included
- Basilica entrance tcket (the entrance in the church is free)
- Guided tour of the Basilica and /or the Dome
- Dome (Cupola) entrance ticket
- Earphones (bring yours or purchase them at the desk for EUR 1)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
The meeting point is on the right side of Saint Peter's Square facing the Basilica, outside the colonnade of Saint Peter's Square (important: not inside), just in front of the Vatican post office.
Know Before You Go
• Please observe the strict dress code for the Basilica; no shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed
• There will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home and carry your possessions in a lightweight bag (you may be refused entrance to St. Peter's Basilica if you do not follow this)
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour departure; guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Audio guides must be returned by 17:30
• To collect the audio guide you will be asked for a form of ID that will be held until the return of the device.