St. Peter's Basilica Guided TourProduct ID: 24244
- Enjoy a guided tour of of St. Peter's Basilica without the long line
- Admire the luxurious elegance of Basilica's interior
Known as the Queen of all the Basilicas, the Basilica of St. Peter is a church in the Renaissance style with a central dome that dominates the skyline of Rome. As you enter the church, you will see that its interior is vast compared to other churches.
At the heart of the basilica, beneath the high altar, you will discover the Confessio, or Chapel of the Confession, named for the confession of faith by St. Peter, which lead to his martyrdom. Two curving marble staircases lead to this underground chapel at the level of the Constantinian church and immediately above the burial place of Saint Peter.
You will see that the entire interior of St. Peter's is lavishly decorated with marble, reliefs, architectural sculpture, and gilding. It's luxurious and elegant. Come and enjoy the Queen of all of the Basilicas!
- Official guide
- Basilica entrance tcket (entrance to the church is free)
- Dome (Cupola) entrance ticket
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
The meeting point is on the right side of Saint Peter's Square facing the Basilica, outside the colonnade of Saint Peter's square (important: NOT inside), just in front of the Vatican post office. (Open in Google Maps)
• There will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home and carry your possessions in a lightweight bag (you may be refused entrance to St. Peter's Basilica if you do not follow this)
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour departure; guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Audio guides must be returned by 17:30
• Don't forget to bring a form of ID and your voucher
Product ID: 24244