Rome: Skip-The-Line Colosseum Guided Tour
From £35 per personBook now
- Learn the history of Ancient Rome at its most important monument
- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum
- Hear stories about the brave gladiators and the bloodthirsty entertainments
- Access the 1st and 2nd tiers of the amphitheatre and imagine the roar of the crowd
- Listen to stores of sea battles and caged lions
Meet your guide outside the Colosseo Metro Station, and enjoy panoramic views of the best preserved part of the Colosseum. Get a detailed description of the Colosseum from the outside, before skipping the long lines to step inside.
Once inside, learn about the spectacular entertainments put on during the Roman Republic. Discover the construction techniques invented by the Romans. Hear about the great feats of the gladiators and their battles with wild animals. Marvel at the technological advancements of the Roman engineers to build the Colosseum. Walk around the 1st tiers to reach the arena. Learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games.
Your guide will entertain you with tales of sea-battles, and tell you about the cages where the lions were kept. Imagine the roar of the crowd as their blood-lust was met. Continue to the 2nd tiers for the best views of the Colosseum, inside and out.
End your tour in front of the official book shop of the Colosseum, where you can find a wide assortment of books about the arena. Your guide will be at your disposal to answer all of your questions and curiosities.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Transportation to/from the attractions
The Colosseo Metro station - Line B. A member of staff will be waiting for you next to the green newspaper kiosk in front of the "COLOSSEO" - Metro Station. Look for the label "TOUR IN THE CITY". Please make sure you arrive at the departure point 15 minutes before the visit begins.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Although a moderate amount of walking is involved, this tour is also wheelchair accessible
Product ID: 57832