Experience the thrill and majesty of ancient Rome as you ride with your Segway along the legendary Appian Way. Originally built in 312 BC, this famous road had great strategic importance to the ancient republic and is a must see on your visit to Rome.
What to Expect
Experience the thrill of riding your own Segway personal transporter over one of the earliest and the most strategically important Roman roads ever built. Available Sunday mornings only when the roads are closed to vehicle traffic, the Appian Way tour will introduce you to parts of Rome that most modern day Roman’s haven’t even explored.
During this extraordinary tour, you and your small group will roll down Via Appia (The Appian Way) while been guided by a local expert on the area. Experience the thrill of travelling the same path used by ancient marching Romans and merchants. It was here Spartacus was crucified along with his army, early Christians buried their dead in massive underground catacombs, and Allied and German forces fought for control of the city during the Second World War.
Over the course of the tour you will visit antique ruins, hear stories about the famous monuments and tombs that line the road, before finally winding down with a well deserved coffee or ice cream.
- Segway rental
- Helmets and safety equipment
- Tour leader/ Ipod touch video/audio guides
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• The minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
• Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
• Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
• Not recommended for pregnant women
• Adult pricing applies to all customers
• Please note: We do not visit the inside of the Catacombs on this tour