Experience the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon and more on this special Segway tour. Get a chance to admire the architectural and artistic wonders of this Renaissance city in a small group alongside an informative, local guide.
What to Expect
Rome is a true ‘outdoor museum’ making the Segway the perfect vehicle from which to experience it. The historic center of the Eternal City is a treasure trove of stunning monuments, bustling piazzas and fountain masterpieces, all of which you can discover on this half-day Rome Segway tour.
Your experience begins a 5-minute walk from the Colosseum. From here your expert tour guide will start with a 30-minute Segway training session. Within minutes you’ll be gliding around; the Segways are easy to use.
Once you have your bearings, roll through Rome’s medieval streets discovering its most famous architectural and artistic wonders. To reach the heart of the historic center, ride along the famous Imperial Forum to the Campidoglio square, designed by the master Michelangelo himself. From here head towards Campo de’ Fiori, known for its daily street market and nightlife. The famous Piazza Navona is a short glide away. Here, experience Bernini’s incredible Fountain of the Four Rivers, which has recently been restored to it’s full glory. Navona Square is home to talented street performers and is always filled with a lively crowd.
A sure highlight of the day is a visit to the impressive Pantheon, one of Rome’s best preserved ancient temples, now a consecrated basilica boasting a stunning 142 foot freestanding dome. Stop in Sant’Ignazio, one of Rome’s most impressive and lesser-known churches. The last two stops need no introduction: toss a coin and make a wish to return to Rome at the one and only Trevi Fountain before culminating at the foot of the Spanish Steps.
At each of Rome’s famous sights, enjoy a presentation on a personal iPod, which will be provided at the beginning of the tour. Discover fascinating facts and curiosities about each of the spots you’ll visit in a modern and entertaining audio-visual presentation created uniquely for this tour.
If you want to visit all of the famous sights that Rome is known for and cover more ground with less effort, this Segway tour is for you. All tours depart from and end at the local supplier's office (near the Colosseum), where a bathroom, free Wifi, and water are available for all guests.
- Segway rental
- Tour leader in your language
- iPod touch video/audio guides in English
What's Not Included
- Tips and any other extras not mentioned
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Segway riders, by law, must be at least 16 years old
• Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
• Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
• Adult pricing applies to all customers
• The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds (45 kg) or over 250 pounds (113kg)
• There is a maximum of 8 passengers per tour