Travel back to the days of the Roman Empire on a 1.5-hour skip-the-line tour of the Colosseum. Hear stories of the gladiator fights and Roman emperors. Get privileged access to areas of the mighty arena formerly known as the Flavian Amphitheatre.
What to Expect
Skip the long lines to the Colosseum and explore the largest building of the Roman Empire.
Built to host the gladiator battles that typified the culture of Ancient Rome, the Colosseum remains by far the most impressive building in Rome today. Meet your guide outside the Colosseum and walk to the front of the long lines with your priority entrance ticket.
Once inside the stadium, built so that members of the general public could enjoy the violent spectacles alongside the Roman emperors, learn how people were seated by social rank and wealth. Hear about the gladiatorial games that were officially banned in 438 AD, and how fights between wild beasts continued until 523.
Exit the Colosseum to take a leisurely stroll to the Roman Forum, and see the ruins of Ancient Rome’s social and political center.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Entrance fee to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Small group guided tour of the Colosseum
- Complimentary map of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
What's Not Included
- Live guides for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation of your tour will be received at the time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel, in which case confirmation will be received within 24 hours (subject to availability)
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted on this tour
• Please note that large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Please do not bring these items with you as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum. Very small bags are allowed
• Entrance is strictly limited so please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time. If you arrive after your time slot you cannot be accommodated and will not be refunded
• This tour is guaranteed with a minimum of 4 guests
• This tour is not suitable for children under 7 years old
• Please note that this tour is in English and the tour guide is unable to translate during the tour