Take a pilgrimage to see 3 of Rome’s Jubilee Basilicas on a 3.5-hour tour of St. Paul Outside the Walls and more. Go to the Holy Doors, only opened every 25 years during the Holy Year to welcome pilgrims who wish to gain plenary indulgence.
What to Expect
Make a pilgrimage to Rome’s Papal basilicas in the Jubilee Year, and walk through the Holy Doors to gain plenary indulgence.
Meet your private guide at a centrally located meeting point. Then, go to the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls (San Paolo Fuori le Mura). According to tradition, the basilica is the site of the tomb of St. Paul, one of the most significant martyrs in the Christian faith.
Continue to the Archbasilica of St. John the Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano). The Archbasilica is the oldest church in the west, and ranked above all other Christian churches, including St. Peter's. From there, it’s a short walk (or taxi ride) to the Basilica of St. Mary Major (Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore), the largest Catholic Marian church in Rome.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The order of the sites visited may vary, depending on the start point and your requests
• Sites visited are based on the pace of the average client. If you prefer a more leisurely pace, you can opt to see fewer sites. With a private guide, your tour is catered to your interests and activity level
• Please note that the tour involves a fair amount of walking, which can be reduced by taxis at your expense
• Please advise on booking if you require a hotel pick-up, and provide the name and address of your hotel if you do • Please advise if any of your group has mobility issues, and you want to modify the tour
• A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed, and knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements