Enjoy a 3-hour guided walking tour to take in the highlights of the historical center of Rome. An expert guide will be your storyteller as you visit the spectacular fountains, monuments, and piazzas of the Eternal City.
What to Expect
Admire Rome's most popular monuments and bustling piazzas on a 3-hour guided walk. Experience 2,000 years of history come to life in the historic center!
Meet your personal guide at your hotel and head out together on this fantastic journey.
Explore the Pantheon, the temple dedicated to all divinities. This magnificent building is considered the most well-preserved ancient temple in the world. Michelangelo was so impressed with the architecture of the Pantheon that he when he saw it for the first time, he proclaimed it of angelic, rather than human, design.
Take a walk through bustling Piazza Navona, perhaps the most beautiful square in Rome, home to 3 magnificent fountains, including the famous Fountain of the 4 Rivers by Bernini. Piazza Navona is also one of the liveliest squares of Rome, and boasts a number of quaint outdoor restaurants and cafés.
According to historical records, the piazza was transformed into a naumachia, where sea battles took place in the 7th and 8th centuries, and it is also said that chariot races once took place here as well.
Learn about Roman politics and the city’s Talking Statues. These 5 famous statues were once used by citizens to anonymously protest the pope or the Roman government and leak out secrets of corruption not meant for public ears.
Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, the largest and best-known fountain in Rome, to ensure that you will return to Rome one day. Learn the secrets that the fountain holds.
Visit the Spanish Steps, and take in the magnificent views of Rome from the top of the steps. At the base of the steps you’ll find Via Condotii, the 5th Avenue of Rome, where all the world's top designers have set up shop.
You’ll also have a chance to get plenty of tips from your local guide on where to shop, where to eat, and ideas of what to do on your own time.
- Professional guide
- Private tour (for your family or party only)
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Children can join this tour for free
• The order of the sites visited may vary, depending on the starting point and your requests
• Sites visited are based on the pace of the average client. If you prefer a more leisurely pace, you can opt to see fewer sites. With a private guide, the tour is catered to your interests and preferred activity level
• There is a dress code for entering places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed, and men and women must have their knees and shoulders covered. You risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
• When booking please advise if you require a hotel pick-up, and provide the name and address of your hotel if you do
• Please advise if any of your group has mobility issues, and you would like the tour modified