Rome: Vatican Museums and Papal Audience Group TourProduct ID: 62615
From £101 per personBook now
- Enjoy an audience with Pope Francis I
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums
- See Michelangelo's sublime Sistine Chapel
- Learn more about the art of the Renaissance
- Marvel at antiquities from Ancient Greece
- Get a blessing from the pope
Enjoy an audience with Pope Francis I, and pray with him to receive the Apostolic Blessing on a full-day tour of the Vatican City.
The weekly Papal Audience is a special event for Catholics and non-Catholics alike, and lasts approximately 2 hours, during which there are speeches in Italian and other languages. After the blessing, enjoy a short break before skipping the long lines to the Vatican Museums.
See masterpieces of art and antiquities collected by successive popes over the centuries. Journey through periods of art and civilization, such as the classical art of Greece, to the Renaissance works of Michelangelo. Your guide will explain the history and secrets of the Catholic Church, and tell you about the rivalries between Renaissance artists.
Go inside the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s awe-inspiring “The Last Judgement.” Then, experience the holy magnificence of St. Peter’s Basilica, where baroque masterpieces and Michelangelo’s “La Pietà” are waiting to be discovered.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums
- Admission ticket for the Papal Audience
- Art historian guide
- Headsets so that you can hear your guide clearly
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Meeting point for Papal Audience is at 7:30 in Via Amendola, 32. The meeting point for the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica Tour is at the following locations: English tour: 14:45 Via dei Gracchi 17 Spanish tour: 15:15 Via Germanico 16 (Open in Google Maps)
• The Vatican Museums tour involves a moderate amount of walking
• Seats are not assigned during the Papal Audience, so you are requested to be on site early
• Student discounts only apply to those under 26 years old with an International Identity Student Card (ISIC), to be shown on site
• Child discounts apply for those aged 7 to 18 years old (14-18 with a valid ID card to be shown on site). Children under 7 are free
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible due to difficulties in the Sistine Chapel
Product ID: 62615