Rome in a Day Small Group Tour with Vatican & Colosseum
- Enter the Colosseum with special fast-track access
- See the top sights of Rome’s historical center
- Enjoy a scoop of homemade Italian gelato
- Skip the lines waiting to enter the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
Next you’ll head over to the Roman Forum to learn how it functioned as the beating heart of Rome’s all-encompassing empire. Instead of slogging through the crowds inside the Forum your guide will lead you directly to a stunning overlook. From there you can take in the entire Forum complex including the Senate House and the Temple of the Vestal Virgins. It will be easy to imagine how the Forum must have appeared 2,000 years ago as you hear stories of war, politics, economics, and religion that shaped the ancient city.
No walk through ancient Rome would be complete without a visit to the Pantheon. This nearly 2,000-year-old building has the largest un-reinforced concrete dome in the world. As you view if from inside, you’ll hear the story of how it was built and why it has inspired so many other buildings, from St. Peter’s Basilica to the U.S. Capitol Building.
Jumping ahead in history, you’ll be treated to a delicious gelato as you stroll through streets made famous by films including Roman Holiday, stopping at the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona for a few photo ops.
After a break for lunch your local expert will accompany you in a taxi or bus to the Vatican, where you’ll also skip the long lines of people waiting to enter. Meet your Vatican expert here and delve into one of the world’s greatest collections of art.
This specially-curated Vatican tour highlights the best works in the vast collections to give you a broad understanding and appreciation of what you’re seeing. You’ll take in the sculpture galleries and the world-famous Laocoön Group as well.
The tour ends as you’re left contemplating Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. From here you can choose between extending your stay in the Chapel and the Vatican Museums, or skip the lines once again and enter St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel.
- Privileged express entrance to the Colosseum, Vatican Museums, and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Transport from City Center to the Vatican
- Homemade gelato
- Hotel transfers
Prepare for the activity
Outside of Oppio Caffè located on Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy (near the Colosseum). Oppio caffè is located on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi - exact address Via delle Terme di Tito 72.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, and no wheelchairs or strollers are allowed on the tour
• St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are holy places and your attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees.The tour operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress. Please note that as the Chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra covering with you to put on before entering the Vatican
• This tour takes place in groups no larger than 15 people