Rome in a Day Small Group TourProduct ID: 47961
From £173.81 per personBook now
- Follow in the footsteps of emperors and gladiators in the Colosseum
- Discover the ruined temples and markets of the Roman Forum
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums and see Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain
- Marvel at masterpieces of art and architecture in St. Peter's Basilica
- Learn how and why Rome became the center of the Ancient World
Meet your guide by the Altare della Patria, the National Monument to Victor Emmanuel II, first king of a unified Italy. Explore the origins of Rome in its oldest part, skipping the long lines to the Roman Forum. Walk among the ruins of the Roman Republic, stepping on the same cobblestones as the emperors of Ancient Rome.
Learn the legend of Romulus, hear stories about Julius Caesar and Emperor Hadrian, and discover how the city became the largest political and military power of the ancient world.
Next, go to the Colosseum, skipping the long lines to enter the amphitheater. Soak up the views of the arena, and learn how the building was built. Depart Ancient Rome for the baroque beauty of the Trevi Fountain. Toss a coin in the pool of water and you will one day return to Rome!
Stroll down enchanting alleys to reach the only still-standing pagan temple in Rome; the Pantheon. With a story that dates back to the 2nd century AC, it’s a unique monument, with an unrivalled dome to this day. Your guide will then help you catch a taxi to the Vatican Museums in the Vatican City.
Enjoy a quick lunch break, before discovering one of the world’s greatest art collections. Marvel at the grandiose halls of the Gallery of Maps and Gallery of Tapestries. Go to the Raphael Rooms. End on a high note with Michelangelo’s miraculous Sistine Chapel, as your guide tells stories about the popes, cardinals and artists that worked under them.
Finally, admire Michelangelo's “Pietà” and Bernini’s “Baldacchino” in St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Reservation fees
- Taxi to the Vatican
Meet your guide in front of Colosseum Metro Station at the SOS sight, right across the street from the Colosseum (street level). Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes prior commencement of the tour. The guide will be holding a "LivItaly" sign (Open in Google Maps)
• The tour requires a minimum of 2 booked participants to operate
• Dress Code: Comfortable and cover knees and shoulders
• Bags larger than 30 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm (12 in x 12 in x 6 in) are not permitted on this tour.
Product ID: 47961