Rome: Vatican City Full-Day Jubilee Tour
From £105 per personBook now
- Discover the art and antiquities of the Vatican Museums
- Skip the long lines to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Take advantage of the rare unsealing of the Jubilee doors
- Walk a single step of the Holy Stairs
- See masterpieces of art by Michelangelo, Bernini, Raphael, and more
- Travel to the 4 major basilicas of the Vatican in Rome by air-conditioned coach
First, skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums, and enjoy an intimate morning tour (of 12 people or less) with an English-speaking guide. Get details of every brushstroke of the masterpieces of art, such as the ornate Raphael Rooms and frescoes of the Sistine Chapel. Continue into St. Peter’s Basilica with no need to wait in line. Stand in awe before the largest church in Christianity, and the guardian of St. Peter's tomb, Michelangelo’s “Pietà,” and Bernini’s “Baldachin.”
Break for lunch at your own expense (approximately 2.75 hours), before heading to the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls. Explore the site where St. Paul’s remains lie among an intricate display of 5th century mosaics and brilliantly colored frescoes.
Continue by air-conditioned coach to the Basilica of St. John Lateran. Built by Constantine before St. Peter's, it is both the Papal headquarters, and the most important church in the Christian faith. Next, go to the 28 white marble steps that are said to have been climbed by Christ during his passion at the Holy Stairs. According to tradition you are required to say a prayer on each step, but as time is of the essence, you will be invited to take the 1st step and say your prayers.
End the tour at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore (St. Mary Major), and admire the exuberant mannerist decorations, 5th-century mosaics, enchanting frescoes, and Bernini’s tomb.
*Please be aware that due to “Jubilee Holy Year of Mercy” this year, St. Peter's Basilica closes without notice. Other areas of the Vatican will be substituted to ensure you have the best possible experience.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums (including reservation fee)
- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter's Basilica
- Entrance to the 4 churches of the itinerary, and to the Holy Stairs
- Transfers by air-conditioned bus
- Audio headsets to hear your guide at all times
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfers between tours
- Food and beverages
Meet your guide at the bottom of the wide streets opposite the entrance to the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffé Vaticano and the Hotel Alimandi Vaticano (on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi)
• Entrance into the Vatican Museums and basilicas is subject to a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. The supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
• Guests in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour
• All 4 basilicas are subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies during the Jubilee. Furthermore, access through the Holy Doors cannot be guaranteed as sites might be very busy
• Please note that in this special Jubilee year, the Jubilee doors that are normally cemented shut will be opened. The doors represent the passage that every Christian is called to accomplish from sin to grace
Product ID: 57625