Rome 4-Hour Trastevere Food Tour
From £67 per personBook now
- Taste the best of Rome's street food and local produce
- Explore the hip neighborhood of Trastevere
- Enjoy fresh cannoli made at a traditional Sicilian pastry shop
- Try the best gelato in Rome and learn the difference between artisanal gelato and ice cream
- Have a delicious timeless dessert in a family-run cookie factory that dates back to 1920
- Visit an historic inn to try some delicious Cacio e Pepe and Amatriciana, made with local products
- Go to a local market to experience everyday life in Rome
- Walk across to the magical Tiberina Island to get into the most mysterious bank of Trastevere
If your tour starts in the morning, you'll begin by visiting a farmer's market and tasting local produce like buffalo mozzarella, ricotta, porchetta, and raw ham.
Stop at the old La Renella bakery to see how they prepare their dough for pizza and bread.
Always crowded but worth squeezing in is the pizzeria Sisini, where you’ll learn how Italians eat supplì (Italian rice balls).
See where to shop if you want to prepare a delicious meal: At Antica Caciara you’ll taste regional cheeses and salami.
Walk across to the magical Tiberina Island and enter the hidden right bank of Trastevere. Stop at historic Biscottificio Innocenti, a family-run cookie factory that dates back to 1920. Enjoy delicious, timeless desserts served by the sweetest family in Trastevere!
Before tasting the best cannoli in town at an authentic Sicilian pastry shop you’ll head to Gianicolo Hill for some of the most stunning views of Rome.
Savor 3 unique Roman-style pastas, accompanied by an Italian red wine at an Osteria frequented by locals.
Finish the tour with a taste of the best gelato in Rome and learn the difference between artisanal gelato and ice cream.
- 12 delicious food samples at different tasting locations
- Water and wine
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Extra drinks
Piazza santa Maria in Trastevere 00153 ROMA (meet the guide in front of the newspaper-stand). For Saturday and Sunday morning tours (10:30) the meeting point is Via della Greca 4, 00186 ROMA
Product ID: 47306