Explore the contemporary architecture of Rome on a private 4-hour drive around the city center. See striking buildings such as the MAXXI National Museum of the 21st Century Arts, Ara Pacis Museum, and MACRO Museum of Contemporary Art.
What to Expect
Discover contemporary architecture by Zaha Hadid, Richard Meier, Renzo Piano and more on a private half-day tour of Rome. Best known for its ancient monuments, the city also has much to offer in dynamic new buildings. Your private driver will chauffeur you to some of the most artistic and innovative sites in the Eternal City, remaining at your disposal throughout.
Drive to the multi-functional Auditorium Parco della Musica, Rome’s "City of Music." Situated on the site of the 1960 Olympic Games, the complex includes spaces for commercial, recreational, exhibition and study activities that take nicknames such as the “computer mice” “turtle” and “blob.”
Go to the MAXXI (National Museum of the 21st Century Arts), designed by Zaha Hadid after an international design competition. The multifaceted space blends art and cutting edge architecture to create an innovative complex for music, photography and film.
Next, admire Richard Meier’s Ara Pacis Museum, built to house the ancient Ara Pacis altar commissioned by Emperor Augustus. Conclude at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Rome (MACRO), housed in a former brewery and former slaughterhouse. Its permanent collection includes a selection of abstract art that is among the finest examples of the Italian art scene since the 1960s.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by private car
- Driver at your disposal throughout
What's Not Included
- Any service not explicitly mentioned in "what's included"
- Entrance tickets
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please check in advance if there's an interesting exhibition you want to see, and your driver will oblige
• Admission to the museums mentioned is free, with the exception of the exhibiton space
• The Auditorium Parco della Musica is open Monday to Saturday from 11:00-18:00 (10:00-18:00 Sundays and holidays) from October to March, and from 11:00-20:00 Monday to Saturday (10:00-20:00 Sundays and holidays) from April-September
• The Ara Pacis Museum is open from 09:00-19:00 Tuesday to Sunday
• MACRO is open from 11:00-19:00 Tuesday to Sunday (except Saturdays: 11:00-22:00)
• MAXXI is open from 11:00-19:00 Tuesday to Sunday (except Saturdays: 11:00-22:00)
• Please note that museum opening times are subject to alteration
• A tour guide is not included, so you may wish to bring a guidebook. Remember to check on the website the opening times of the location you want to visit and the price of entrance ticket.