Explore Rome like a local on a 3-hour escorted scooter tour, and access areas of the city you wouldn’t be able to by tour bus. Experience the everyday life of a “motorino,” and get a unique and in-depth feel for the city like a true Roman.
What to Expect
Discover the “Eternal City” of Rome from the privileged perspective of a scooter, and become a true Roman as you experience the life of a motorino.
As a health-and-safety-first, sustainable tour, you will be provided with all the essentials to travel around the city in safely. The routes you can cover (and places you can see) make scooter tours one of the best ways to see the city sights.
Enjoy the mild climate as you feel the breeze on your face. The ability to park on any sidewalk means that exploring by scooter is one of the best things to do in Rome. Before you set off, your escort will ensure you are comfortable. The scooters are cozy, cool, cheap, and fun.
The precise itinerary is usually customized by the guides to cover the best attractions, based on feedback from you. Go to the historic buildings and museums that interest you most. You will be in control of your own scooter (on your own or with your partner if you prefer). Follow your guide on his own scooter, and get an overview of Rome’s main sites.
Take a circuit of the Colosseum, and see the site of the Circus Maximus. Ascend some of the legendary “7 Hills of Rome” when you go to Aventino Hill and Gianicolo Hill. Discover an orange garden, and Marcello’s theatre, along with the landmark buildings of Piazza Venezia and Piazza Navona. Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain, and experience Rome’s “La Dolce Vita” as you drive past the Castel Sant'Angelo and St. Peter's Basilica.
- Scooter with helmet and helmet liner (1 scooter between 2 people)
- Unlimited gas
- Tour escort and/or rider
- Maps and suggested ride loops
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. 1 scooter is shared between 2 people.
• Children are accepted as long as they are tall enough to touch the foot-peg of the scooter with their feet and are a minimum age of 10 years old.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Not recommended for pregnant women.
• The minimum age requirement for drivers is 18 years old
• A driving license valid in Italy is required. The license must have been held for at least 3 years
• The person who made the booking must present a credit card to make a deposit of €150. You will be responsible for any damage you incur
• Drivers must show their driving licence at the departure point
• Prior scooter experience is necessary. They are easy to operate but only with some prior knowledge
• Please note that tours operate with a maximum 6 scooters per group