Rome: Imperial Highlights Half-Day Small Group Tour
From £58 £46 Save up to 20% per personBook now
- Learn the story of the Roman Empire at the imperial monuments of Rome
- Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors at the Imperial Forum
- Go up Palatine Hill to hear stories of the temples to Roman emperors
- See the Circus Maximus from the main terrace of Palatine Hill
- Marvel at the greatest amphitheater of the Roman Empire at the Colosseum
Meet your guide by the Colosseum to start your tour at the Flavian amphitheater, commissioned by Emperor Vespasian in 72 AD, and inaugurated by his son Titus in 80 AD. Your guide will bring history to life, telling stories of the ferocious battles between man and beast put on for the Roman citizens.
Next, follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors on a walk through the Imperial Forum, and learn how it was once the center of all religious, political and commercial life in Rome. Hear the history of the Temple of Concord and Temple of Saturn and Vesta, and learn about the Tabularium, an impressive temple to Antoninus and Faustina.
Ascend Palatine Hill, one of the “7 Hills of Rome,” where Augustus moved his sumptuous villa in 44 BC. Hear how the Temple of Victory was used to house Cybele's sacred stone between 204 BC and 191 BC, and learn about the Temple of Jupiter Stator, founded by Romulus after a battle with the Sabines.
Go to the main terrace of Palatine Hill for a full insight into the Maximum Circus, where the legendary chariot races of the Roman Republic were held.
- Licensed guide
- Headsets to hear your guide during the tour
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meet your guide by the Arch of Costantine. From Colosseo Metro Station, look across the street to the Arch of Costantine. Your guide will be on the right hand side of the arch. From Via di San Gregorio, walk towards the Arch of Costantine, keeping to the left hand side of the arch. Your guide will be holding a "Mea Tours" sign
• Large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside the monuments
Product ID: 50873