Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome with Boat ExcursionProduct ID: 48367
From £192 £115 Save up to 40% per personBook now
- Sail the blue waters around Ponza Island and enjoy the Mediterranean sun and sea
- Enjoy a simple mariner's lunch on board a private boat
- Discover some of the most beautful grottoes and swimming spots of the Pontine Islands
- Escape the heat and chaos of Rome for a day at sea
- Grab some free time for a relaxing drink, or shop for souvenirs around the port
- Laze on the boat's sun decks and top up your tan
- Jump off to swim and snorkel at leisure
Your day starts early, but you'll soon be rewarded for your efforts. After checking in at a central office near the Colosseum, board a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle for a quick transfer to the departure port. Here, catch the fast ferry direct to Ponza Island.
Upon arrival, board the boat you'll call home for the day. You'll be greeted aboard by the captain. Then, set of on an itinerary defined by the day’s wind and sea conditions. Whatever the route, you’ll enjoy stops at some of the island's most beautiful grottoes and swimming spots.
Famous for its crystal clear waters and stunning cliffs, Ponza is also full of legends that your captain will tell you about as you sail. Visit the grotto of Circe, sorceress of Homer's “The Odyssey,” who turned Odysseus' men into animals. Learn the heartbreaking true story of Lucia Rosa, whose name now lives on in one of Ponza's most beautiful swimming areas.
When it's time for lunch, the crew will serve a simple but tasty "mariner's style" pasta lunch, prepared in the boat's kitchen. Lunch will be served on deck, with wine and beverages. After, grab your beach towel and laze on deck as you enjoy the sea breeze. There is plenty to do on board and in the water. Your tour leader will be on hand to cater to your needs.
At the end of the day, trade in your sea legs, and enjoy some free time to shop on Ponza Island. Explore the typical alleys around the port area, or grab a glass of wine before your ferry departure back to the mainland at 17:00. Here, a vehicle will be waiting to whisk you back to Rome.
- Round-trip transfers by air-conditioned vehicle to/from the ferry departure point
- Round-trip fast ferry tickets to Ponza Island (worth approximately EUR 50)
- 5-hour boat cruise of Ponza Island
- English-speaking tour leader
- Simple on board "Mariner's Style" lunch, served with water and wine
- Swimming gear
Meet at the EcoArt Travel / Rome by Segway office, Via Celimontana 30/32, Rome. The office is a 400-meter walk from the Colosseum (Open in Google Maps)
• Please advise of any food allergies at the time of booking
• All minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by a paying adult
• If you are traveling with a young child (0-12), please advise at the time of booking
Product ID: 48367