Avoid the long lines in Vatican City and enjoy priority access to St. Peter’s Basilica and its Dome. Use the elevator to reach the Dome without the steps and without the wait. Enjoy spectacular views of the city from the top on this unique guided tour.
What to Expect
Skip the line on this 1.5-hour Dome Express Tour (Cupola Express) in the Vatican City State, the world's smallest state. You’ll be welcomed by your guide at St. Peter’s Basilica and head directly to the priority entrance of the Cupola.
Your tour begins with the Dome of the Basilica, the highest architectural point in Rome. You’ll enjoy spectacular views of the Eternal City not available anywhere else. Enjoy the Vatican Gardens, the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and the chimney of the papal conclave.
Take the Basilica’s elevator to the base of the cupola. From this point you’ll have amazing views of the interior of the Basilica. Head upstairs to enjoy views of the city from the very top.
Continue your tour with a visit to the main Basilica of Saint Peter's in the Vatican City State. Your guide will show you the main features of this important place of worship. See where St. Peter was buried, and also some of the secret, hidden spots at the heart of Catholic Rome.
- Elevator to the first level of the Dome (avoid climbing the 171 steps)
- Guides for the tour of the Dome and the Basilica
- Skip the line service (both for the Dome and for the Basilica)
- Groups monitoring fee
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
The meeting point is on the right side of Saint Peter's Square facing the Basilica, outside the colonnade of Saint Peter's square (important: NOT inside), just in front of the Vatican post office.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please observe the strict dress code for the Basilica; no shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed
• There will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home and carry your possessions in a lightweight bag (you may be refused entrance to St. Peter's Basilica if you do not follow this)
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour departure; guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• This tour is not recommended for those who suffer from claustrophobia
• Please note that you won’t have to climb all the stairs to the Dome; the elevator saves you 171 steps