Pompeii: Half-Day Express Tour from RomeProduct ID: 54139
From £165.08 per personBook now
- Travel comfortably to Pompeii from Rome by high-speed train
- Skip the lines at the Pompeii site and head directly inside to explore the ruins
- See the ancient homes of Rome's most influential citizens at the Domus
Once you arrive in Naples, a local guide will greet you and you’ll head off with the group on a short private coach transfer to the world-famous ruins of Pompeii.
At the Pompeii site you’ll meet your official English-speaking tour guide and enjoy a 2-hour guided tour into the past like no other. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Pompeii is considered one of the most important archeological sites anywhere.
At this haunting yet magical place time seems to stand still. You’ll enjoy interactive and entertaining commentary that will help you understand how the Romans lived during the time. You’ll discover well-preserved fossils and ruins that have been covered by volcanic ash for centuries.
If you have visited Pompeii before, get ready for the unique opportunity of exploring the newly-opened Domus (a type of dwelling for an influential person). This is your chance to see how the elite truly lived as their homes are still ornamented with the colorful frescoes of animals, gods, and landscapes.
After a short coffee break or a bit of souvenir shopping, you’ll be met by an English-speaking driver who will escort you back to Naples, where you’ll board your train back to Rome.
Ticketing and seating will be arranged for you, ensuring that you will have a comfortable, stress-free, and safe return journey. Arriving at Termini station at just past 14:00 you’ll still have enough time remaining to take advantage of the rest of the day in the Eternal City.
- 2-hour guided tour of the Pompeii ruins
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees for the Pompeii site
- Local English-speaking expert guide
- Audio headset
- High-speed train tickets and transfers via private coach
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
Piazza dei Cinquecento, facing the main entrance of the Termini train station The meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance. (Open in Google Maps)
• The tour ends at Rome Termini station at around 14:10
• A fair amount of walking is involved, so comfortable shoes are recommended
• Unfortunately the tour cannot accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
• This tour cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriages
• Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot, under direct sunlight. It is recommended that you bring sunscreen, a hat, and a bottle of water in warm weather
• The tour group will have a maximum of 25 people
Product ID: 54139